Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mystery lens anybody recognise this one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Mystery lens anybody recognise this one? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone had ever run across one of these before. Looking for information.

Last edited by adent on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery lens anybody recognise this one? Reply with quote

adent wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone had ever run across one of these before. Looking for information.
[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: I'm so confused Reply with quote

I went back and edited my first post because I screwed up inserting the picture and now it has me listed as Walter G. Any way the picture is correct there. I must say that I am sorry to Walter G I am not sure how I posted in your name.

Anyway the lens is a 300/5.5 TELOPTIK CONTINAR. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter I read somewhere that this is an H4**** lens.
Its Tele Optik Continar 300mm f5.5?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quoted you so the picture would show up. First time poster can't post pictures or links. Your okay now. Smile
Several members have a version of your lens. Hopefully they will post back soon. I believe it was made by Tokina.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adent can you please post serial number atleast the first part.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty common lens, seen on ebay under many names.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the lens yet. It should arrive tomorrow according to the tracking information. I can post the serial then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, early Tokina (Tokyo Koki in those days) T-mount lens sold under a hundred brand names.

Some may have the Tokina-flavor interchangable mount, not a T-mount but it looks like one, with a 47mm thread, not 44mm T-thread.
The guys here have found some of these.

Pretty good lens really. You will need an extension ring though, it has a long minimum focus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....it was advertised as an m42 I guess that I had better check the mount very carefully. If i understand correctly the min distance is around 33ft. Thank you for the information. I just hope that it is in as good of condition when it arrives as the pictures make it look.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the other picture from the listing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens branded Soligor, that lens of yours is M42, that chrome piece at the back is the M42 mount.

I'm going to do a 3-way shootout with mine, my Tair-3C 4.5/300 and my Konica Hexanon 4.5/300. The Soligor is certainly the lightest and easy to carry around of the three.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ian: Do you have any image samples taken with your copy of this lens? I am curious as to what I can expect from it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, sorry, mine is in Exakta mount and I haven't replaced the mount ring with an M42 one yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that I will just have to wait until it arrives and find out the old-fashioned way. Take my own examples.....not that I have a problem with that mind you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to wait. Here are some samples. Smile
http://forum.mflenses.com/caspeco-old-tokina-300-5-5-preset-t2-mount-t12261,highlight,%2Btokina+%2B300.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Walter. I hope that I can get my copy to perform like that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
Thank you Walter. I hope that I can get my copy to perform like that.

Not the same exact version. I tried to find that thread and couldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks to be designed the same. I'll try to get some images posted tomorrow if it arrives on time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: It's here, now for the problem. Reply with quote

Well my lens arrived today. Was pretty happy to see it. It looks as good as it does in the listing pictures. In fact it looks practically new. Problem is that the focus ring is very hard to turn. I guess that I will need to embark on dis-assembling it for lubrication. Does anyone have any literature on how to take these apart?