Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stasia Revisited 2 - Chrome Jupiter 9 '57 - Sony a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Stasia Revisited 2 - Chrome Jupiter 9 '57 - Sony a850 Reply with quote

Same setting as the Helios 40 post. Bit of an overcast part of the day so the crazy highlight bokeh that the Jupiter creates when wide open was neutralized. Again, exif wrongly reads 1.4/50mm because of my error.

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job.
The a850 seems to be a very honest full frame body.

Maybe your model should paint her nails in blue green too. I find it should add even more to the photos and her beauty. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe your model should paint her nails in blue green too.

She entirely agrees. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe your model should paint her nails in blue green too.

She entirely agrees. Very Happy

So, now, next photo shooting... Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised I haven't netted a few more comments on this post.

If people have comments for improvement I welcome it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised too, Marc. Sad

Would you be so kind to post a picture of the lens itself ?
Maybe in your friend's blue-green nailed hands ? Wink

About the above pictures I like the bokeh, the tones, the kind of softness with a touch of sharpness, and the beauty of the woods surrounding their bue-green long hair princess. #1 is my fav, #2 next.
I was wondering : maybe these photos should be very nice too without her spectacles.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think pictures are very well done and she is a cute girl, but.. I am conservative in hair styles Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first time seriously using the Jupiter 9 from this set: http://forum.mflenses.com/kmz-zm39-p-coated-lenses-t33853.html (I had previously been using a later chrome version that performs very well)

(I made the mistake of originally dating it from 1958 in the title but now I can see it's actually '57. This has been corrected.)

I do think the glasses get in the way in this series unfortunately. They block her eyes and take away some of the 'punch' that they do have otherwise.

But it wasn't a fashion shoot. She is not a professional model. I am not a professional photographer. All of this was just for fun. She was wearing them for the day and I had to adapt. Frankly, I didn't much think about it at the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, these shots are very good like that. Smile
Speaking about the glasses was just a question I asked myself.
I think the first one could be used as advertising for glasses.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the shots are very well done. You have captured wonderful shots in challenging conditions. I think doing photo shoots with people you know makes taking the pictures even more difficult. You and your girl friend create a very unique experience visually. I commend you for taking shots we can all appreciate and enjoy. I only ask that you do keep posting and doing new shoots when time allows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those shots look great and I have to agree about painting the nails to match the hair Smile

I have just purloined a Jupiter 9 chrome body. The serial starts with 64 so I guess it's 1964.
If this is anything to go by, I'm sure we will be great friends.

I love the colours and the way this lens sees the scene.

#2 is my favourite.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots, but I think she looks lots better with a natural hair color. Sorry.