Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/1.8 Pancolar..A Few Snapsots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/1.8 Pancolar..A Few Snapsots Reply with quote

Just got this lens and walked around my property and shot a few Hand held. I'll get better with it when I have more time to use it properly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Pancolar ! Congrats! Enjoy this great lens!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I am and thanks for recommending it to me. Very sharp and great color rendition. I've found no weak points as yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Attila wrote:

I am and thanks for recommending it to me. Very sharp and great color rendition. I've found no weak points as yet.

You will not find any later too Wink try to reverse mount as a macro lens eyes of fly will be 1:1 macro Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pancolar and greens, they are very good friends.

Some versions (like the MC in red letters) have a light greenish cast over the image.

The latter versions with MC in white have better color rendering, but something redish (like the pic of your skin and the fly?) in the first models of that versions.

They have good contrast. But put them in fromt of the SMC, the pancolar lost in the resolution power, to my eyes and with my copies.

The cebra pancolar are very nice too, but some have a strong yellowish cast.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Attila wrote:

You will not find any later too Wink try to reverse mount as a macro lens eyes of fly will be 1:1 macro Shocked

Already planning for that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The pancolar and greens, they are very good friends.

Some versions (like the MC in red letters) have a light greenish cast over the image.

The latter versions with MC in white have better color rendering, but something redish (like the pic of your skin and the fly?) in the first models of that versions.

They have good contrast. But put them in fromt of the SMC, the pancolar lost in the resolution power, to my eyes and with my copies.

The cebra pancolar are very nice too, but some have a strong yellowish cast.

Rino.

Thanks Rino. This is one with the White MC. The reddish tint may come from me using Prophoto color space to process these. It does change the reds a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Pentacon 1.8/50? I love mine, and think it is as good as a Pancolar, but is a lot cheaper, you should pick one up to compare to the Pancolar, 10 bucks should get you a excellent condition one, 20 at most.

http://forum.mflenses.com/my-new-favourite-fifty-a-lucky-find-t40068.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lens!
Why do the last two snaps look noisy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ones Big Dawg. It's a great lens with a well-deserved reputation for excellence

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adityap wrote:
Lovely lens!
Why do the last two snaps look noisy?

They are crops thus zoomed in so the pixel size is larger.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Good ones Big Dawg. It's a great lens with a well-deserved reputation for excellence

patrickh

Thanks Patrickh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Do you have a Pentacon 1.8/50? I love mine, and think it is as good as a Pancolar, but is a lot cheaper, you should pick one up to compare to the Pancolar, 10 bucks should get you a excellent condition one, 20 at most.

http://forum.mflenses.com/my-new-favourite-fifty-a-lucky-find-t40068.html

Thanks Ian. I don't have one. I have the Pancolar, Pentax SMC Super Takumar 50 f/1.4, Pentax F 50 f/1.7, Pentax M SMC 50 f/1.7. So far The 50's I have are all very sharp. The Super Takumar has a little yellow tint that needs some UV treatment but all in all they are very good lenses.