Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 55mm f/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 Reply with quote

I'm spending much time with my EOS converted FL f/1.2 and at the same time have taught myself to use live view and Manual mode on my 5DII, which I'm getting the hang of. Live view certainly improves success rate as you can see from the natural sharpness in these images.

THANK YOU STAN!!

First the full-sized image

now the crop

and here are two more for fun:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
I'm spending much time with my EOS converted FL f/1.2 and at the same time have taught myself to use live view and Manual mode on my 5DII, which I'm getting the hang of. Live view certainly improves success rate as you can see from the natural sharpness in these images.

Me too. I now use liveview all the time for f/1.2-f/1.4 lens, especially for close to medium distance object. It drains the 5DII battery faster but I am OK with that Smile

By the way if I convert the FL mount to EOS without hitting 5D mirror (thicken the adapter where I can not get infinity focus), how far is the longest focus distance?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete.

You're welcome!

The lens is so beautiful!

I use LiveView very often, it safes time a lot.

tf