Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 Advised not to buy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 Advised not to buy. Reply with quote

I had to buy this lens as it is like new and i was told that they were not very good. I paid $146 for this lens and i am glad i did. These were taken in bright sunlight , they have more detail than i expected and the colour is good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 Advised not to buy. Reply with quote

Another one with this lens. Both taken at f8.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i ask you a favor? can you make a test shooting same landscape scene with lens set at f2.8 , f8, f22, f64 ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 Advised not to buy. Reply with quote

The photos were taken 1.5 hrs drive from where i live so i can only show another from that area at f16. I have one other taken at f2.8 at home, none as yet at f64,as i have only had the lens for a day. I hope take more tomorrow and post them.

The lemons were at f2.8 , the boat houses at f16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you're enjoying it, although the price seems pretty steep!

Could you please provide some crops at 100% of the corners and centre?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: sigma Pantel 135mm f2.8 Advised not to buy. Reply with quote

Graham centre and corners at 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very competent lens. Could be a very good example of the kind, but you will want to show us more including min focus distance and background bokeh/bouquet?

A pic of this lens might impress too?

Who advised you? They seem to be protective of your interests?

For me the, fun is to pick up ratty, cheap lenses that perform well. For some collectors, everything must be pristine and they will pay over the odds for mint.