Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biometar 120/2.8 on G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biometar 120/2.8 on G1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have bought this lens from the Evil Bay for not too expensive, and am in a process of testing it on my G1

Here's a few first shots !

More to follow !

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rafael

colors are nice, but as i have this lens and an m4/3 2x crop factor cam, i know how hard it is to focus on these macro shots with a 240mm heavy lens.

i primarily use this lens on my ff 5d and really like it, esp for outdoor portraits. i find using anything close to 200mm on m4/3 for macro requires iso 400 to get really high SS. anyway, good luck, its a great lens.
tony

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pictures

...show pictures of your names source Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokks good to me Raf, but isn't that quite a heavy and large lens??

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, all of you !
Indeed, Klaus, the lens is big and heavy.
As I wrote somewhere else, "the G1 feels a little lost behind that lens" , but not as much as behind my Nikkor 300/2.8 of my Meade 1000/11 Rolling Eyes

C U,
Rafael

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f6cvalkyrie wrote:
Thanks for your comments, all of you !
Indeed, Klaus, the lens is big and heavy.
As I wrote somewhere else, "the G1 feels a little lost behind that lens" , but not as much as behind my Nikkor 300/2.8 of my Meade 1000/11 Rolling Eyes

C U,
Rafael

I have G1 too from my perspective all lenses are fine and all SLR are 'behemot' vs G1 Laughing I love to use more SLR lenses on G1 than cine lenses.

These are nice samples from an excellent lens, I think I have all variant from this lens. All are produce great quality on 35mm , but start to live really on medium format.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that was my point re choice of subject above. because the lens is big and heavy relative to the cam (and w no IS), choosing portraits amd like subjects i think will yield better results than macro work...the lens is really a gem.