Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silly rainy day project: disposable camera lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Silly rainy day project: disposable camera lens Reply with quote

Some day ago, waiting for an adapter for my newly acquired Olympus E-P1, I dismantled a disposable camera and put the lens on it. The lens has two aprtures (not yet calculated), and possibly 30mm focal length. Quality is not here, however I spent some time playing Smile . With the quick cardboard-based mount, no infinity.

Last edited by enzodm on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty clever Enzo, results look not bad too, well done.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, just in my style. I've done this too. A real 'toy' lens for almost nothing, and probably better than a Holga.

WARNING anyone else tempted to do this! You can get a very nasty shock from the flash.

When it happened to me I was nowhere near it, but there was a live cable near the shutter!

be careful. The same applies to all compacts with built in flash not just disposables.

oh, BTW you get infinity with a NEX

EDIT: classy mount, but i'm sure I wouldnt be so low tech putting one on my NEX

Last edited by philslizzy on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been a silly idea, but it worked!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, it's a lens - it works, what more do we need? Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just saved yourself about 60 Euros. That's how much Olympus charges for a similar lens fixed to a body cup Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.
Phil: yes, there is risk with the flash condenser. However, all electronics went away together when I opened the donor camera and I simply put it far from me. And yes, low tech mount just to test it. I measured registration distance ( around 24-25mm), so I know I'm able to obtain infinity, but I yet have to rebuild with care a better mount.

Fermy, in fact I was inspired by the Olympus cap lens in doing what I did. While looking around for some wide angle lens disposable camera (I know there are a couple of them, but rare -not willing to spend real money on these plastic lenses), a Kodak Advantix F350 in on the road to me with a 24mm/6.4, for supposedly better results if the lens can be easily taken apart Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool project. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing cute!