Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

soligor-Tele Auto for Miranda 2,8/135.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: soligor-Tele Auto for Miranda 2,8/135. Reply with quote

Anybody knows who made that lens?

About IQ (Average I guess)?

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Rino

It could be a lot of makers. Allied Impex owned both Soligor and Miranda for almost 20 years. Soligor brand was used on Miranda lenses since the 1950's. Soligor of course sold lenses from at least 12 makers, but it seems not all of them were used for the Miranda brand.

I know one maker of both Miranda and Soligor-Miranda was Sun, an early one possibly was Komura (I recently found out), another maybe was Kawakami/Kawanon, another maybe Fujita.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracias Luis.

I found that sun lenses have very good contrast, but soligor-miranda are medium to low contrast. Particular specifications?

Some komuras are better in contrast than in resolution power (v.g. 2,5/35 mm). The same than the sun lenses.

I never used a Kawanon lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You use the words Tele Auto. So I'm pretty sure I know what the lens looks like. But pictures would help make a positive ID.
If it's the style lens I think it is I believe it was made by Sun.
Is it like the one in this link. http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00X5Hw

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
.........Is it like the one in this link. http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00X5Hw

Hi.

Yes, it is the same lens.

Made by Sun???

Fine. Nice to know, thanks.

Rino.