Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OLYMPUS PEN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: OLYMPUS PEN Reply with quote

The first of all of pen.

How much money can you pay for it - good shape and functional.

Very limited cam but with something of historical worth.

For whom don`t know it, see

http://homepage1.nifty.com/olympuspen/english/pen01e.htm#TOP

Any opinion will be appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two times Pen and one times Robot, all impressed as camera and final result was always cry, half frame simple to small to get good IQ. I did give up, so I pay nothing for them except if I buy them to test and re-sell after.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used a half frame camera but I am assuming you have to hold the camera "portrait" to get a "landscape" shot and vice versa.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
I've never used a half frame camera but I am assuming you have to hold the camera "portrait" to get a "landscape" shot and vice versa.

That is fine, all fine with them, except if you wish to see anything else than postcard size family print.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Pen thirty years ago. I wish I knew where I put that thing, I would like to try it again.
I got very nice results from it, but as Attila says, the film is just very small so you can't expect effective resolution or enlargements as good as full frame 35mm. I used slow fine grain film on mine, at the time Kodak Panatomic-X or the equivalent at the time from Fuji, instead of Tri-X.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank guys, very much.

The logic is into your side. Enlargement not the thing to look for with the pens.

Perhaps the reflexes pen are another history.

After have broken my minolta alf (when I tried to fix it), I was looking for a little cam to carry in my pocket. Not the pens. Should be the

nice ricoh 500 G with it total control -aperture and shutter.

I didn't find any thread about that economical but nice cam.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonyrokkor wrote:
Thank guys, very much.

The logic is into your side. Enlargement not the thing to look for with the pens.

Perhaps the reflexes pen are another history.

After have broken my minolta alf (when I tried to fix it), I was looking for a little cam to carry in my pocket. Not the pens. Should be the

nice ricoh 500 G with it total control -aperture and shutter.

I didn't find any thread about that economical but nice cam.

Konica C35, Olympus Mju-1, Mju-2 etc all go low price and small and excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila.

I know the K C35, great little cam, very good lens. But it's totality automatic. I don't know which aperture or shutter is the cam using. The same with the nice olympus.

The ricoh let me use the control to aperture and shutter. Yes, the lens is average one. But is the price to pay for to obtain the controls in a cheap camera.

Controls and very good lens, and small dimentions, all together is not cheap. I guess.

Compromise election.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a 500GX. This is the next version of the 500G. I had one for more than 20 years and it has been a very fine camera. It is one of those cameras that looks cheap, but is actually much more sophisticated than it seems.

I tried it again maybe three years ago and it had a light leak. I understand that the foam seals on these absolutely need to be replaced. It looks like a big job according to the online instructions.

http://www.ukcamera.com/collect/ricoh_reseal.html

I haven't done this on mine yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luisalegria.

I looked for a remplacement to my Minolta AL F.

At last, purchased the ricoh 500 and a Konica SIII.

I hope nice time with both, and specially with the hexanon lens.

The konica will be with me the next saturday evening, if it is in working order. The ricoh near the dicember 13th or 14th.