Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Piesker and Wollensak in Exakta mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Piesker and Wollensak in Exakta mount. Reply with quote

Just recieved 2 lenses.
1:Wollensak 101mm f4.5 Raptar in Exakta mount:

And

2:Tele-Picon 1:5.5 200mm Piesker Berlin West-Germany in Exakta mount also-(I bought this lens for $10 combined shipping with the Woolensak-which cost me 4X more.It was advertised as being bent , yes bent -I have examined the lens and cannot fathom how the sellers deduced that this lens was bent ) Very Happy

I took the Tele- Picon out for a test run this evening:

Any C & C welcome
Best regards

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wollensak is very uncommon, a real collectors item.
It looks like it may be a factory job as that lens head was normally made as an enlarger.

The Piesker is less rare, but the 200mm version is not as common as the Piesker 180mm or even the 250mm

The Wollensak is certainly a Tessar (I have it in its enlarger lens incarnation), the Piesker probably is based on what I have.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats very nice to know Luis-you are a walking Encyclopedia besides being a very good photographer-and its always nice to draw from your knowledge and experience here.

Another angle of the Woolensak

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Thats very nice to know Luis-you are a walking Encyclopedia besides being a very good photographer-and its always nice to draw from your knowledge and experience here.

Another angle of the Woolensak

Hey. They put "peerless" on the lens barrel. This must be a priceless item. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey. They put "peerless" on the lens barrel. This must be a priceless item. Very Happy

It just means "no one equals them" and I think Peerless was a big (in the 50's )Photographic equipment super store. Just no competitors- can you dig that? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The Wollensak is very uncommon, a real collectors item.
It looks like it may be a factory job as that lens head was normally made as an enlarger.

Yes, it is. I have the same lens, looking identically.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Quote:

It just means "no one equals them" and I think Peerless was a big (in the 50's )Photographic equipment super store. Just no competitors- can you dig that? Very Happy

Yes. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like first three Tele- Picon samples. Colors are great.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, small enlarger lens attached to the helicoid and mount of a camera lens, looks funny.

Given me an idea though, I have a Mirage 2.8/135 someone dropped that has broken glass inside, I will remove the head and optics and use it as a mount for one of my Schneider enlarger lenses...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ! A Piesker Picon !
I own a 2.8/135 mm.
I like it very much. It has a special character.

http://forum.mflenses.com/piesker-picon-2-8-135-t25036,highlight,%2Bpiesker+%2Bpicon+%2B2+%2B8+%2B135.html

Congrats for your 2 finds.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Woolensak images Reply with quote

"calvin83": The focusing helicoid works great after a cleanup and lube. I will have to T-Mount it to achieve infinity.

Pancolart & Olivier :Thanks - The Tele-Picon does show sharpness even wide open and exhibits a beautiful tone. Thanks for your nice comments.

"iangreenhalgh1": Good luck on your modification/mount -lets see some samples when you're done.

Klaus : I am pleasantly surprised after I took the lens out this evening. I took the Exakta mount off~ The mount came off after taking 2 set screws off and unscrewing it- it has a 39mm thread mount underneath. I screwed on a M39 to Sony Alpha mount and I was in business. It focuses past infinity for now.

Here are some pictures I took with the adapted Wollensak.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are wonderful.
I like the color tones very much. Bokeh is very pleasant and it gives your pictures a classic rendering.
Thank you for sharing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Olivier, more than happy to share.