Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adapter problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: adapter problems Reply with quote

I recently acquired a 250mm Telyt R and bought a focus-confirm adapter online for my EOS camera bodies. The adapter arrived without instructions and I started having problems with it immediately. It seems that the adapter chip is communicating with the body (Canon 60d) even in M-manual mode resulting in over-exposure. Anyone else had these problems?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Set the aperture on the camera to the largest possible setting e.g. f1.4.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Yep. Set the aperture on the camera to the largest possible setting e.g. f1.4.

I actually downloaded a set of instructions for programming the chip-F64-f57-f67 etc. , didn't help at all to program in the maximum aperture or lens focal length. So then before I read your reply I started looking at the chip on the adapter and. . .voila. . .slipped one fingernail under an edge and the whole thing popped right off. Rolling Eyes Now the lens-camera combination seems to expose correctly in both M or Av mode but of course I don't have focus confirmation. It looks like I could just glue the chip back on if I wanted to.

All of my previous adapter experience has been with non-focus confirmation types on m4/3 cameras, I'm assuming that all the focus-confirm adapter does is "tell" the body there is a lens attached and possible store a little metadata about the focal length and aperture?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you might have misunderstood ManualFocus-G. You need to set the aperture in the camera to the largest/widest/lowest number it will acccept, regardless of what the chip thinks it is. If you don't, the camera compensates for whatever it is set to on top of the metered exposure.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I suspect you might have misunderstood ManualFocus-G. You need to set the aperture in the camera to the largest/widest/lowest number it will acccept, regardless of what the chip thinks it is. If you don't, the camera compensates for whatever it is set to on top of the metered exposure.

I understand, but I "de-chipped" the adapter before I read his post. These chips are just epoxied onto the adapters, it doesn't take too much imagination to picture the assembly-line for these units back in Shanghai or wherever. It looks like it is a reversible modification, its only glue.