Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MIR 3 for the bokeh fans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: MIR 3 for the bokeh fans Reply with quote

the old version, Kiev 88 to Nikon adapter, brass and mass 65mm f 3,5
shot wide open - you cannot get much sharpness but a super feeling with this self defense part in your hands

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be acceptably sharp considering it's a medium format lens at wide-open, on a crop cam?. I have the older 'zebra' version made for the salyut which I have mounted on my Kiev 88 (with a little modification).

It takes some good photos. I just hate that atypical 88mm filter thread!

I don't think there are too many samples from the Mir-3 on this forum. Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks ok to me...I love the green color as well.What are the black patches in the background?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mo
the black patches are leaves of a bush and its shadows, turned into black by increasing the contrast and color, which was necessary for the flower.
I also sharpened

@themoleman
It is the 88mm filter thread and a metal screw in cap.
Difficult for me is to manage the stop down mechanism, because if i turn it fully open, i have to unscrew the lens and lift the radial spring to release it, so i go ontly to f 3.5+x

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I have not seen many Mir lenses down here, you are lucky. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a quick shot I took this morning with the a850:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it for € 16.5, i was bidding € 19.- just for fun because i have the adapter for my Volna. What i´ve seen yesterday it is a nice portrait lens for elder people ( but i am not allowed to show samples here ), you know this formula:

4000 / age of model = line / mm (max resolution of lens)

and it makes wide open the circular bokeh spots

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the formula is actually

Women 2000/age
Men 4000/age

Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh