Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

L39 to PK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: L39 to PK Reply with quote

Is there any way I can convert a Voigtlander 15mm Heliar in L39 mount to a PK mount and retain infinity ?

Thanks !

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. The lens would end up hitting the mirror whatever you do. The difference in the backfocus is almost 16mm

This is a perfect lens for a Nex I would think. APS-C sensor and no mirror, there are Leica-M39 adapters that give infinity.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis is correct, BUT... I can think of one possible adaptation. Alas, the results may not be acceptable.

You MIGHT be able to use a chopped-down M42 teleconverter -- but then the lens would no longer be 15mm. I will admit that I haven't tried this with any L39 lens, and I won't be able to test this for several more weeks (I'm on an extended journey). The idea occurred to me just now. I may be totally wrong, this may not be feasible at all. But I seriously doubt that anything but an optical adapter would work. And the results may be lousy. Sorry. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

The reason I thought this was feasible is that I've just bought a Voigtlander Colour Ultron 50/1.8 that has been fitted with a PK mount and focuses to infinity.
In fact I love this lense already so would really like an UWA Voigtlander too and from the reviews I've read the 15mm seems to have a much better reputation than the 12mm .... and is a great alternative to the Pentax 15mm.

Not sure how that was done though as I thought the registration distance was an issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are M39-PK adapters, I have one. There is no need to make a special mechanical adapter. If you can calculate and grind an adjustment lens besides, thats something else.

It lets you screw an M39 lens on a PK camera. But it does not solve the back focus problem, so you will certainly not get infinity with a Leica-mount lens; with a tele lens you will get some degree of close focus, with a 15mm it will be an extreme macro only.

This is a Leica mount Arco 135 on that adapter - excellent lens, but close focus only on PK -

http://forum.mflenses.com/arco-tele-colinar-3-8-135-leica-mount-t24184,highlight,%2Barco.html