Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Takumar F4/50 and K200D handheld,flowers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Macro Takumar F4/50 and K200D handheld,flowers Reply with quote

What you do on a Saturday Afternoon when bored.. Very Happy I did not want to drag out the tripod as it takes away the fun of just snapping and seeing what happens.

#5 This is my favorite I changed the f stop to 5.6 all the others were wide open at F4.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow mo! That first one is real stunner! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so beautiful, perfect macros

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I really appreciate you guys talking me into buying this lens all those months ago Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy those suggestions worked for you! Very Happy

Have you noticed the aperture forms a star shape between f/5.6 & f/11? There are only two other Takumars with the star-shape aperture, the Bellows-Takumars. Makes beautiful bokehs!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovelymo.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.3 for me Mo, lovely shot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you noticed the aperture forms a star shape between f/5.6 & f/11? There are only two other Takumars with the star-shape aperture

No I have not tried this yet...thanks for telling me.I always seem to hit and miss with creating bokeh on purpose Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mo, after seeing your shots I've followed your lead and got myself a 4/50 Macro Takumar too. Mine is the older non-SMC version, with 5 aperture blades. It doesn't form a star shape as far as I can see.

Wow, it takes a lot of practice to get this perfect. This is my best effort so far, a Small White butterfly I found laying her eggs on my cabbages! Grrrr I wanted to catch her "in the act", but by the time I'd got the camera she seemed to have given up egg-laying. I waited over 30 minutes... Women!!! Wink

It was a fairly dark corner and there was a bit of wind movement, so the ususal compromise of speed vs. DOF. Both pics are cropped and rotated, aperture f5.6:
Focus on the wings, 1/200

Focus on the eggs, 1/250

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPs flower macros are amazing and those butterfly shots are great too

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn nice shooting, that Takumar is some nice lens, innit? I love using it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Your favorite is my favorite also.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great photos!