Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 5D with Olympus 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Canon 5D with Olympus 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

'ello folks,

A few from regents park. Canon 5D and the Zuiko 28/2.8 @f5.6

Somebody left a whole loaf of soggy bread on which a lot of pigeons and even a crane converged. Then the suddenly shrieked up and I was in the middle of it. No hits on my side Wink

Had to test the infrared capabilities of the little lens with a Hoya R72. Central resolution is wonderful, but there are hot-"spots"--more a hot halo/vignette--along the rim of the image. Lots of post-processing, dogging, burning, image blending, cooling filters, desaturation, ... f8 or f11, can't quite remember.

Oh, and that's me. Had to sit still for 20 seconds Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one is excellent idea and very well done!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first one so cool and fortuitous, but last one is very well thought out and executed. just brilliant pp as well, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some 3D!
A lot of micro-contrast! Real or post-processed?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice photos. This should be the worst OM Zuiko 28mm lens Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Smile

LucisPictor wrote:
That's some 3D!
Semi-real, I'd say. I played a bit with the fill-light and contrast sliders in lightroom. The slight halos are caused by the highlight recovery, as it was overexposed by about half a stop.

berraneck wrote:
Really nice photos. This should be the worst OM Zuiko 28mm lens Laughing
I love it. Such a small little thing as well. Can't wait to get my hands on more of the lens line-up. A shame some of them have attracted quite ludicrous prices. A 85mm f2 recently went for £200 and don't get me started on the wider than 24mm lenses Shocked.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:

LucisPictor wrote:
That's some 3D!
Semi-real, I'd say. I played a bit with the fill-light and contrast sliders in lightroom. The slight halos are caused by the highlight recovery, as it was overexposed by about half a stop.

I thought so. Anyway, very nice!