Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can this lens get repaired again?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Can this lens get repaired again? Reply with quote

Can get this lens from a friend, trouble is, that the aperture blades are greasy and stuck! Looks like it was heated in a car and some grease got between the blades and now they don't move at all!!!!

Can this be fixed again? Makinon 135mm Macro.

Last edited by kheldour on Tue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can be repaired, you'll have to get access to the blades and use lighter fluid to clean them from grease

what mount is it? you said 135mm macro? what is it's magnification ratio and minimum focusing distance? can you post photos of it from the side?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be very straight forward.
You need to open the lens and clean the blades from the oil. Just don't clean them with water - the risk is that they will oxidize and will stick even worse.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has low price level even in mint condition, don't waste your time with it in my opinion look something else.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This lens has low price level even in mint condition, don't waste your time with it in my opinion look something else.

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for free or for less than 0.5% of your monthly income, the fixing experience is worth that, and if successful "there are no bad 135mm lenses".

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this lens too. Cleaning won't be that easy though. There is obviously plenty of grease most probably coming from near environment and cleaning only blades would be short-term solution. I think washing-up whole interior is needed here.