Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina Cosinon 50mm, f1.8 test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Cosina Cosinon 50mm, f1.8 test Reply with quote

This is the best manual lens I have had so far, far better than Helios for me.
Here are some OOC JPEGs from oly e-410 with sharpness and contrast in the camera set to +2, resized to 800*600 in Irfanview. ISO was 400, shutter speed 125/160, f2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures. Lovely colours and sharp as well. Well done. Looks like a good lens to me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For identification at least a picture of the lens itself would be useful. I recommend this for every lens but in special for lenses existent in more than one version. This is often the case with Cosinon lenses, including this one. 50/1.8 is not enough information, even if you had mentioned the bayonet it would be not sufficient. I have myself different auto types of this lens in M42, different types also in M42 with no auto and also different types in K mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the m42 Auto version, serial number 752177. I'm too tired now to take a photo of it. Very Happy

I was photographing a concert with it yesterday. Damn, it was hard, but I managed to get one excellent and a few decent shots. The problem is my e-410 which doesn't deal with high ISO good, the lens itself is very fast, the only tricky part is focusing...And the lightning was awful, not because of many types of light but beacuse there wasn't not enough of it...

But 3 out of 8 pictures I sent to the biggest photo agency in Croatia, which I have a contract with, were published for sale.

Well, here are two examples:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more examples of OOC jpegs. The lightning was poor. I used e-410 with iso 800, f2 and shutter speed which varied between 1/125 and 1/160.