Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Century Cinetar 100mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Century Cinetar 100mm f2 Reply with quote

Hey folks,

Two of these are currently sold on ebay. Are they of any use, or are these C-mount lenses? Google wasn't very helpful.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Century-Cinetar-100mm-F2-Lens-V7030-/110681398289?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item19c5201c11#ht_3225wt_1140

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not c mount, 2/100 should be good for portraits.
But how big is it?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Definitely not c mount, 2/100 should be good for portraits.
But how big is it?
No idea, as there is no reference in the images on the bay. If it were usable on an SLR, I'd probably bid for it, if the price is right.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were for high speed 16mm FASTAX film cameras. Too small image circle for a normal DSLR I would assume, but well I could be wrong. Mount is a special mount for that film camera, so a custom mount would have to be made.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
These were for high speed 16mm FASTAX film cameras. Too small image circle for a normal DSLR I would assume, but well I could be wrong. Mount is a special mount for that film camera, so a custom mount would have to be made.
Oh that's a bummer. Maybe for some 4/3 user then.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

+1. Century and Wollensak both produced many lenses for the Fastax range of high speed cameras (Fastax was eventually bought by Wollensak).

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: LabGearTrader? Reply with quote

I think these have come from US govt. testing on ballistics and similar tests.

The mounts are nearly always non standard and as previous poster said, fast cameras. ??Fairchild camera??

I'll bid!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 5600 frames per second that's impressive. Shocked

http://www.owyheesound.com/fastax.html

PS check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUmitMlGIw

What are the chances that the lenses are radioctive ?

Last edited by std on Tue May 03, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Fastax Reply with quote

I am finished, cheap Embarassed and he has high postage charges.

He has quite a few other lens with Fastax mounts for sale as well. Could be useful for a collection of these? He seems to have bought from Labgeartrader and found these too tricky to keep and adapt?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Wow 5600 frames per second that's impressive. Shocked ...................

That's nothing... Some Fastax models could do 10,000 fps; current Fastax II is reputedly capable of doing 44,000fps...