Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone used a Fujica Drive camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone used a Fujica Drive camera? Reply with quote

I was browsing flickr and came across this little camera
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siimvahur/5351410211/
Sounds intriguing with a clockwork drive?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half frame.... I think all are really poor quality due small film size, I did try Olympus Pen, Zeiss Ikon Tenax II none of them produce quality images what I like. To get crap a cheap holga, smena 8 just fine Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my half-frame Pen EE-S and square format (24x24) Taxona very much, they both have sharp Tessar lenses and are very easy to use. Yes, the half frame as Attila says means your shots will show more grain than full frame ones. They are not cameras to use if you are after quality, think of them as small, unobtrusive, cute notebooks that can ride in your pocket all day and shoot 72 frames on a single roll.

There's a group on flickr dedicated to half frame cameras, if you browse its pool there will undoubtedly be a few pictures from a fuji half. I personally find it a nice little camera, but would not spend more than 20-25 (dollars, euros) on it. Here is the group address

http://www.flickr.com/groups/39982990@N00/

Here is one of my pictures with the Taxona, APX100 in Rodinal 1:50, nothing special really but as a photo notebook it could be worse.

Piubici - 9 maggio 2009 by ludoo, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link ludoo...it is amazing that you can get two images on the one frame...the dyptch collection!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27834234@N00/5622868381/in/pool-88123596@N00/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a Pen EM, with motordrive and 35mm 2.0 lens. Too large and too heavy for the small format, but a great camera. The electronics did not service time, but it made quite nice pics. Yes, more grainy then full fotmat, but you don/t have to use fast films.
Lately I picked up a Fujica Half 1.9 for little. Lightmeter doesn't work anymore (selenium) but shutter and lens Ok, so I am sure it will do its work nice for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lately I picked up a Fujica Half 1.9 for little. Lightmeter doesn't work anymore (selenium) but shutter and lens Ok, so I am sure it will do its work nice for me

Be sure to post photos!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fujica drive is a green camera which i like very much.
it produces nicer quality images too because it is 28.2,8 wide lense.
Still it is not cheap (usd100 here in China) but it seems hard to find...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it, as it went for about $60au.