Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

m42 TO EOS ADAPTER
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: m42 TO EOS ADAPTER Reply with quote

When using the above adapter (without chip) on eos digicams I have no problem but when mounting same on my eos 50e film camera with appropriate lens and press the shutter button - the camera locks up.
Any ideas??????????

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this issue having already turned out here or on another forum.
As far as I can remember there is a pin in the mount that needs to be pressed in order that the lens would be recognized as a genuine EF. Have a look, if I'm right try blocking it with a small piece of scotch tape.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the EOS 50e needs a confirmation that an EF lens is mounted, otherwise it looks up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty, where is the pin exactly?

And do I really need an adapter with a chip to work successfully on the 50e?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the thread on another forum: http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=14924. The switch is at 10 o'clock and has to stay OPEN for the camera to operate properly. The chip should solve the problem either according to them.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 50 (non E) and it is fine with my adapters. As is 620.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent for a BIG-IS chipped adapter for my eos cameras, hope that this solves the problem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recently arrived chipped adapter from Big-is works fine with all of the eos cameras. Many thanks for all advise