Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Infrared & first Ultraviolet pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Infrared & first Ultraviolet pictures Reply with quote

Agfa APX, furst test in ultraviolet, first test with the Takumar 55/2.2, latest with Ultra Achromatic Takumar 300/5.6 :
#1 Visible

#2 UV

#3 Visible

#4 UV

#5 Visible

#6 UV

#7 Visible

#8 UV

First conclusions : Ultraviolet photography works, the Ultra Achromatic is not the only lens I can use (actually, any mono coated lens should suit). Focus shift seems to be near to the infrared one. The 300/5.6 also have a slight focus shift that I did not planned. The dandelion show the classic UV result with a darker center.

Efke IR 820 :
#1 S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5

#2 S-M-C Takumar 35/3.5

#3 S-M-C Takumar 24/3.5

#4 S-M-C Takumar 24/3.5

First time I used these lenses in infrared, the 135 seems to be very sharp.

PS : I know, I did not remove the dust as UV shots does not have anything exceptionnel (it was a test roll to determine some of the limits), and the infrared one can't be printed, as I had some problems during the dev.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing this information! Infrared film is interesting to me, I see first time infrared shoots on film.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! The UV shots show quite some focus shift but seem to be acceptably sharp. Teh IR shots are indeed quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you for sharing this information! Infrared film is interesting to me, I see first time infrared shoots on film.

This is not the first time I post some Efke IR 820 samples Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/welcome-into-the-world-of-infrared-on-film-t29002.html

kds315* wrote:
Thanks for sharing! The UV shots show quite some focus shift but seem to be acceptably sharp.

Not very acceptable for printing, just for web posting. The 300 do the focus a little beyond the visible focus, the 55/2.2 far beyond, but on this one I was not sure to get pictures (not sure if it transmit UV or not). I will need some extra rools to know all the limits, what I can do, what is really interesting, but this is not a problem Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 S-M-C Takumar 35/3.5 is a great shot. Really like the look

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the IR shots. It's the 1st time I've seen scans with even more dust than I manage to get.