Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first Russian lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: My first Russian lens Reply with quote

Today I received my first Russian lens, an Industar 50mm f/3.5 "P". I've only played around with it for a few minutes but it seems to be a neat little lens! The filter size seems to be 33mm. Any recommendations for a lens cap for it?

New lens on my Sony a7. The adapter is bigger than the lens. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filter size 35.5mm. You can use the filter as a cap...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Filter size 35.5mm. You can use the filter as a cap...

Thanks for the info! Now that I look at the filter I can see it says "33x0,5" which apparently means 33.5. After looking online all I can find are collectible (i.e. expensive) 33.5 lens caps so it looks like the filter may be in use as a lens cap for the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means the filter diameter is 33mm with pitch of 0.5mm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the same as my Industar 50-2, I got a 36mm push on cap from eBay for 99p which works very nicely

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
If it is the same as my Industar 50-2, I got a 36mm push on cap from eBay for 99p which works very nicely

It's not the same. On Industar-50, ring is smaller than on 50-2.

I think you are looking for a cap, but if come the idea to look for a hood, you can find hood for Industar-50 used on Kiev-16s, it is a great hood, metal, screwing, and fit to 24x36.
Here is mine on Industar-50

Industar-50 for Kiev-16s

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint on the hood, that will come handy for my Rollei 40/2.5 transplant.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I was on the Bay and Amazing looking for a lens cap again. I found a few on the Bay but they cost almost as much as the lens cost me. My poor lens looked so lonely without a lens cap.

My mind started to wander about what I could use and I noticed our Keurig coffee maker and the pods it uses. *EUREKA*

I cut the bottom off a used one I fished out of the trash, washed it out, and lined it with electrical tape because the initial fit was just a little too loose. I also covered the outside with tape for that high quality look. Wink

My Industar 50 with its new lens cap. Fancy - no. Does it work - YUP! Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the collapsible version I initially did something similar with the bottom of a plastic bottle (liquid yogurt). Then I bought a not so cheap, yet not too expensive, aluminium cap that made it even more beautiful Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the same lens in black version. never use it ( too slow for my taste ) Wink nice DIY cap