Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait @f2 - Jupiter 9 Black '75 - Velvia 50 - Fujica AZ-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Portrait @f2 - Jupiter 9 Black '75 - Velvia 50 - Fujica AZ-1 Reply with quote

Following from some of the recent posts concerning the Jupiter 9, I figured I'd show one of my wide-open samples.

This was the first time using this particular Jupiter (Actually the last. I really need to use it again) and the first time using the AZ-1. Unfortunately the camera decided to overexpose the entire roll so I never got a clear indication of how well the lens performed.

I have scanned and rescanned this roll in an attempt to salvage something. This is the only one that looks ok to me. Anyways, this is a wide-open. A bit mis-focused and the highlights are blown but still, I think it's nice. What does everyone think?

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like opposite pictures when background is very smooth , no highlights. You did pickup well highlight is not disturb me even if I not like at all usually. I think who is love this style those guys will like your picture. Moment is well captured and angle view is nice also. What a pity you did miss focus!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it,it captures emotion and I think the background adds to it...Is she very sad at this moment/deep in thought?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is she very sad at this moment/deep in thought?

Would it ruin the photo if I were to say she is simply not that receptive to me taking pictures of her?

It's more just a "do I have to pose again?" expression... Confused

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:
Is she very sad at this moment/deep in thought?

Would it ruin the photo if I were to say she is simply not that receptive to me taking pictures of her?

It's more just a "do I have to pose again?" expression... Confused

Well you caught "that" expression very well... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the effect is very nice, very "painterly" (if that is a word).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the effect is very nice, very "painterly" (if that is a word).

Thank you. I think this is why I and many others love the Jupiter.