Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa Voigtar 3.5/10.5cm - Delta 100 - Xtol 1:1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Bessa Voigtar 3.5/10.5cm - Delta 100 - Xtol 1:1 Reply with quote

I finally got around to collimating the lens on my Bessa. Now the distance scale should be accurate (which is rather important for closeups and wide-open shots because this camera has no rangefinder).

I just thought this shot was particularly telling of the capability of the lens. For an uncoated triplet, it is impressive. Taken at f5.6 + 1/400th.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I bought this camera 3 yrs before and still undiscovered Embarassed this is an extra input to take out and finish some roll with her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you collimate the lens? Well done work with a Bessa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you collimate the lens?

http://elekm.net/zeiss-ikon/repair/collimate/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for the link

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here was another from the same roll. I may have missed the focus a bit but this was handheld + f3.5 (wide-open) + 1/25th. The results are good considering these factors.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with focusing trouble, shows a very capable performer!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually quite impressed with the corner performance. There is obviously a falloff but in truth, for a wide-open triplet, the "B" in the extreme top-left is still quite good to my eyes. And that really is the extreme of the frame. I did not crop.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, rare seen this performance on older folders like this.