Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB Moment 24C (Moskva 5) Shutter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: WTB Moment 24C (Moskva 5) Shutter Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has one sitting around OR a shutter that could accept the Industar 24 lens. I would be very interested in buying it.

Problem is I bought a repair body. Everything is gorgeous. Body is in great shape mechanically (which is rare I hear). Glass is flawless. I mean flawless! The shutter was not working. I assumed just your typical cleaning would do it but the shutter blades are actually bent so smooth action is not possible.

Even if your shutter is broken. I can probably fix it. I just need those stupid blades.

I really want to use that glass in some capacity other than just on a tube-mounted 35mm setup.

Thanks!
~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in local shop at least week a fungused Moskva 5 with working shutter, cost around 50 USD for camera + another 25 for shipping. I don't have better idea now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila but I believe that is too expensive. I would rather abandon the project than spend another $75. It's no rush, so maybe I'll just wait until something cheaper comes along.

The fungused copy can probably be restored to fine working order without any needed parts. I would hate to butcher that just for the shutter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same opinion I will ask dealer and my repair mean perhaps they have one somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think I was going to have any luck anyways but the search is over. After several hours and a great deal of patience I was able to straighten out the shutter blades. They operate now with an acceptable amount of friction. And they do not allow light through while closed.

I calibrated the rangefinder and collimated the lens. I will post samples soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I do not think I was going to have any luck anyways but the search is over. After several hours and a great deal of patience I was able to straighten out the shutter blades. They operate now with an acceptable amount of friction. And they do not allow light through while closed.

I calibrated the rangefinder and collimated the lens. I will post samples soon!

WOW! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persistence wins!

It's a beautiful camera, I saw one months ago at a flea market, in mint condition apart from a messed up rangefinder, but I did not have the courage to buy it. Smile

You did well!