Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help request: how do you expose for magentas ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Help request: how do you expose for magentas ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

The title says it all ...

After reading (a lot) some threads here and on other forums, i understood that one of the right ways for capturing red subjects is to first take a picture exposing to the right as much as possible, then, during "development" phase, to underexpose and lower the final contrast of the image. This works really fine for my kind of pics.

I have tried to apply the same kind of processing to some pictures where the dominant color was magenta instead of red, but i'm a bit skeptical about the results:

Zuiko Auto-Macro 50 3.5 - _MG_8227 by indianadinos, on Flickr

This picture has been taken in a sunny day with the sun high in the sky ...
How would you have processed this kind of picture, keeping in mind that all the PP i do is through the software for developing the raw files (i do not own nor i like Photoshop and/or Gimp) ? Can you show some pictures of magenta flowers describing how did you processed them ?

Thanks in advance to all for the replies ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subscribing, I want to know how too!

For some long times I have been trying to get huckleberry flower color -- recently I had an accident, I wish I knew how. Lens is Macro-Takumar 50/4, camera 5Dc, image straight from camera, no PP except to resize: