Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Developing 120 film in US
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Developing 120 film in US Reply with quote

Just wondering who you have develop your 120 E-6 and C-41 film here in the US for good results.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne's Photo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on Dwayne's... although there are some minilabs that will do this, with a bit more convenience. I know that many use Walmart's send-out (to Fuji) service.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy first a C41 1l kit and do it your self, super simple and great fun and if you got practice already you can do E-6 too in your kitchen basin.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart on my 120 film, $1.88 per roll process only. Takes 7 business days

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I think I will give Dwayne's a try. I might go in to my local Walmart and send in a roll of provia to see what I get.

Attila I used to have all kinds of stuff for black and white but never developed color. I gave all my stuff away when I went digital. I regret it now. My cousin uses a nice jobo outfit but I hate to bother him although we shoot film together once a week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/c41-diy-t36469.html
Need same stuff like for B&W nothing else, one developer tank + some clips to hang film. C41 just same easy than B&W.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this until just now.

Thats a real good price. A guy told me that they did a real good job on fuji film but they messed up his kodak. I don't know if its true or he was B.S.ing me. Whats your experience?

Has anyone tried North Coast Photographic Services? $5.50 a roll.

I'm thinking I may send a roll to Dwayne's and a roll by Walmart and see what I get.

Last edited by Schnauzer on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/c41-diy-t36469.html
Need same stuff like for B&W nothing else, one developer tank + some clips to hang film. C41 just same easy than B&W.

When I get time I might get back into it Attila. I have to much on my plate right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
mmelvis wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this until just now.

Thats a real good price. A guy told me that they did a real good job on fuji film but they messed up his kodak. I don't know if its true or he was B.S.ing me. Whats your experience?

Just got back a test roll of color today, Kodak 120 roll film 160vc C-41
Shot in a 1930's Besa I had purchased from Attila. Still working on getting the hang of this camera. The price for this roll was 88 cents. They did a great job considering I did not have the camera back closed all the way until the 2nd picture.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Thanks guys. I think I will give Dwayne's a try. I might go in to my local Walmart and send in a roll of provia to see what I get.

Attila I used to have all kinds of stuff for black and white but never developed color. I gave all my stuff away when I went digital. I regret it now. My cousin uses a nice jobo outfit but I hate to bother him although we shoot film together once a week.

So far, I've just used local labs to develop my color 120 and 220. But I too am gonna give WalMart a try, mostly because the price is so much better. And I don't really mind the wait. According to quite a few comments I've read about this, it is Fuji labs who does the actual development of the C-41 and E-6 rolls, and given this I'm not concerned. I've always had very good results when using Fuji film processing.

Geez, if you're going out and shooting with your cousin once a week, if I were you, I'd ask. Tell him you'll buy the next batch of chemicals or something. If you and he are on good terms, I doubt if he'll mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmelvis

I will give Walmart a try next week. I'll send in a roll of velvia, reala and a roll of ektar and see what I get.

Michael

You are right. I will ask my cousin when we shoot next week. On a shoot a few weeks ago he lost a few rolls when his new digital thermometer was off a few degrees. He went back to his old one and got great results. I check out a nice thermometer for him and some chemicals once in a while.

I'll send some out through Walmart and a roll with him.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if I would trust a digital thermometer for developing chemicals. I have three here at home -- not for darkroom, just to measure ambient air temperatures. All three give different readings and about the closest they get to each other is +/- 2 degrees. I have no idea which one is the most accurate.

But a good old glass thermometer, preferably filled with mercury, although they're getting hard to find, is always accurate. I have an old Kodak glass thermometer filled with a blue fluid, and it is spot-on accurate. I wouldn't trade it for a digital in a minute.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an old glass thermometer and verified with my body temperature which is quiet constant Wink if I am fine. I suggest to verify any thermometer with your body temperature, that is accurate enough for any photography requirement. My old glass thermometer cheat 1,5C degree.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I bought an old glass thermometer and verified with my body temperature which is quiet constant Wink if I am fine. I suggest to verify any thermometer with your body temperature, that is accurate enough for any photography requirement. My old glass thermometer cheat 1,5C degree.

Good idea, and a great way to check for accuracy. One of my digitals has an external probe, so I can even check its accuracy.