Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Voigtländer Bessa pics.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Some Voigtländer Bessa pics. Reply with quote

Here are some 6x9 pictures taken with my (more than 65 years old) Voigtländer Bessa foldercamera. Film used Kodak 400TX.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result - I see you even get DOF there Laughing on the lantern shot. Very interesting results actually. What lens does the folder have, is it a Bessa I? Love those cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Bessa built between 1942/1945 and has a Skopar-lens (uncoated Tessar-type). Here is a picture from the camera (serialnumber 2760591).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures with that oldie!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice - though I think you may be off by 5 or so years on the when-made - late 30s is more likely, though who knows.. your results are better than what I get with a similar Bessa that Bill (katastrofo) sent me.

I'm even more impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very impressive indeed. camera is amazingly sharp for its age, and very nice composition as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Nice result - I see you even get DOF there Laughing on the lantern shot....................

Here are two samples of the DOF wide-open (f3.5)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice pics.

As we know, the white walls and the cloudy days are so strong for the uncoated lenses.

I found that the bokeh is similar to the skopar 2,8/50 (both the srl and the rf lenses). And don't like it very much.

But generaly, the IQ is good to me.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very last picture is great. The camera is very nice to, glad to see old hardware getting a workout