Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 200m f4.5 on an E-PL2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Soligor 200m f4.5 on an E-PL2 Reply with quote

Received this lens off an eBay seller yesterday after paying the princely sum of £3.50 for it. I have been trying out today and I must say that I am pleased with the results so far on the end of my E-PL2 with an M42 to m43 adapter.

f4.5
ISO 500
1/400

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix contrast and it will be even better! Thank you for sharing !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the original. I thought it needed a bit more contrast but I stand corrected. I'm always grateful for any advice. Thanking you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap, cheap, cheap! Is this the skinny preset version with green numbers and silver flashes? I never had much luck with it to be honest, seemed soft and low resolution. But, for £3.50...Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had this lens seemed quite nice ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the 'chrome ears model' they aren't bad for the price they go for. I've got three ( 30, 135, 300 ) and love them. Not the greatest lens in the world, but very acceptable and a very good lens to figure out the whole "manual focus" thing with.

Last edited by Lloydy on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
If it is the 'chrome ears model' they aren't bad for the price they go for. I've got three ( 30, 135, 300 ) and love them. Not the greatest lens in the world, but very acceptable and a very good lens to figure out the whole "manual focus" thing with.

+1 They were my training lenses Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

+1 They were my training lenses Cool

Beware that there's plentt of chrome eared Soligors made by different manufacturers Wink

My 200/3.5 silver eared Tokina lens blows the silver eared 200/4.5 out of the water, for example. Good old Soligor Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point and one I did not know!
I figure if it at least has a decent reputation and a great price so the risk is not to great.. it is worth trying....LBA does not help Wink.I find you only learn by using the lens yourself. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love LBA, and any lens for under a fiver is a great buy IMHO Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the lens on the E-PL2. As you can see the snag with using these adaptors is that the lens seems to line up in the wrong place without needing adjustment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! That's not the lens I was thinking of. That model is often seen in the UK branded as Paragon. I believe it's from the same series as the 300/5.6, 400/6.3 and 500/8 and possibly is branded spiratone in the US.