Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 80-200/4.5 quick samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 80-200/4.5 quick samples Reply with quote

Here are some quick sample photos with this lens (with rectangular cutout on the rear)... light was very harsh
I used 80mm and 200mm both wide open and @ f8
you be the judge Wink
to be honest... I don't see much difference

#1 80 / f4.5

#2 200 / f4.5

#3 200 / f4.5

#4 200 / f8

#5 80 / f4.5

#6 80 / f8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent lens to my eyes. Punchy colours, good contrast and sharp as you like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
An excellent lens to my eyes. Punchy colours, good contrast and sharp as you like.

+ 1, seems to be a great found!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just returning from the post office... next time I'll do my best with the samples Wink
and yes I too think this is a great lens, sharp and contrasty... I think I'll have a great time with it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic! This lens seems to have some good reviews out there...is yours the AI or non-AI version, if you don't mind me asking?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All look sharp, sharp, sharp to me with good contrast! I also have that lens, and really should try to get it out more. It was shelved for a while when I got an 80-200 f4, and then I segued into fixed lenses. But talk about your bargains -- it's hard to beat the 80-200mm f4.5. Here's my favorite taken with this lens on a Nikon D50:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Looks fantastic! This lens seems to have some good reviews out there...is yours the AI or non-AI version, if you don't mind me asking?

it's the Ai one with rectangular cutout on the rear

yes it's a great lens as I'm about to find out Wink