Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help or am i stupid Aperture on smc 85 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Please help or am i stupid Aperture on smc 85 1.8 Reply with quote

Why is it if my 85 is focused to say 85 i am unable to change the aperture until i bring it back to closest focus. Confused Confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens is defected , this is not a normal behavior, need to open your lens and fix things inside. Be careful with usage , before you make more damage on blades!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip seems to be sticky appertue blades will have to do some surgery.
Damn the lens still looks like new.
The only thing ive noticed is the pin at the back has been forced and peened into the housing could this be a problem??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced pin not good at all, I don't it is related to or not. If you have repair man around I suggest to bring there this lens is a valuable lens today it's price fetch around 400 USD don't risk it's safety with DIY repair.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i have found a repairer so off it goes will just have to wait for it to come back. Hopefully all sorted out.