Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RobinSon Preserve Bridge Bradenton FL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: RobinSon Preserve Bridge Bradenton FL Reply with quote

Film Lomography B&W ISO-100 120
Camera Anso Buster Brown No.2
Scanned on a HP-G4050
Processed by Walmart (Fuji Labs)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very old looking pictures, I like #1 second is a looks a great mass to me. It would be nice to see first one on modern film taken with modern camera too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very old looking pictures, I like #1 second is a looks a great mass to me. It would be nice to see first one on modern film taken with modern camera too.

I have 1953 Sears Tower Model 51 with an Isco Gottingen Westar 2.8/50mm lens . The camera is a 35mm range finder. I will try to the location and shoot with this camera. This would be the newest film camera I own.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
Attila wrote:

I have 1953 Sears Tower Model 51 with an Isco Gottingen Westar 2.8/50mm lens . The camera is a 35mm range finder. I will try to the location and shoot with this camera. This would be the newest film camera I own.

I expect great quality like late film camera. Look forward your result, thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
well done.

Thank You, coming from you I take that as I am improving. I see you your work and I am hoping to get your level

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanned on a HP-G4050
Processed by Walmart (Fuji Labs)
Film Kodak BW400CN
1953 Sears Tower Model 51 Ranger Finder with an Isco Gottingen Westar 2.8/50mm lens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like your eye. do you develop at walmart and scan yourself!

btw, we spend a lot of time in sarasota, love your part of florida!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love #1 and the others of the bridge/walkway - there's a beguiling blur and great tonality, gives a sense of ageless age, early 1900s vision of stillness within progress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, so little contrast in that lens, even bw400cn won't give solid blacks. love the look; very, very dreamy. excellent compositions.
does that rangefinder cam have many shutter speed/aperture settings? the highlights are burned out on the last two shots. perhaps a slower speed film in daylight would give some blacks to offset the gray palette ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
i really like your eye. do you develop at walmart and scan yourself!

Yes, processed by Walmart and scanned by me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I love #1 and the others of the bridge/walkway - there's a beguiling blur and great tonality, gives a sense of ageless age, early 1900s vision of stillness within progress

Thank you for the kind comments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
...does that rangefinder cam have many shutter speed/aperture settings? the highlights are burned out on the last two shots. perhaps a slower speed film in daylight would give some blacks to offset the gray palette ...

This roll of film was shot at f/8 with a shutter speed of 50. There are 2 higher speeds of 100 and 300. The separate light meter that came with the camera only goes up ISO 100 speed film so I guesstimated the setting I should use. I was not able to find any ISO 100 film locally that I had used to test the camera. Anyway the lens goes from from f2.9 to f22. The shutter speed goes from .1 to 300 and a manual mode for use with a shutter release. Any suggestions are appreciated, I am finding how much work a Range Finder camera can be.