Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primoplan 80mm f1.9 Kine Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Primoplan 80mm f1.9 Kine Exakta Reply with quote

Friend of mine (antique merchant did bought one) I able to make some shoots with it before it will go to sale. I found minimal information in Google any body know something about it ?

Last edited by Attila on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super rare lens in 1930s?.

The only sample I can find is:
http://photocolor.tw/forum/index.php?topic=484.0

German site:
http://members.chello.at/lausch/steenb1.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-x owns/owned(?) one, here is few samples on our local forum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! I didn't find these samples.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't even find it in the Kadlubek lens catalogue!

I just know about a 75mm f1.9 Primoplan.
As a Primoplan design it should have 5 elements in 4 groups and be a fantastic performer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On next week we will see I not expect fantastic performance, hopefully I am wrong, pre-war Meyer lenses are lot better than post war lenses I have a couple of them all are better than post wars.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually for the Nacht-Exakta...a medium format SLR from the early 1930's. There is a Biotar 80/2, and Xenon 80/2, the Primoplan 80/1.9 and I think a REALLY rare Dahlmeyer.

More info:
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/ihagee/night.htm

I would grab the lens! It will be uncoated, lots of iris blades, and since it is designed for a medium format SLR, it's adaptable to current dSLRs...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
no-x owns/owned(?) one, here is few samples on our local forum.

After looking at these photos, I realised why one of the Japanese called this lens 'Phantom lens'.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Primoplan pictures Reply with quote

The 8cm Primoplan has no own focussing and the VP focussing can't be adapted, as it will absolutly interfere with the mirror.

Klaus

Last edited by exaklaus on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all of you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Primoplan pictures Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

1.9 5cm Kine Exakta

5cm? I've only heard rumors of that! That is an awesome set!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Primoplan pictures Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
exaklaus wrote:

1.9 5cm Kine Exakta

Pretty rare, I know of two specimen.....
Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Primoplan pictures Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
eggboy wrote:
exaklaus wrote:

1.9 5cm Kine Exakta

Pretty rare, I know of two specimen.....
Klaus

I wonder what the formula of the lens is. It is my understanding the Primoplan is an Ernostar design, and has the same back focus properties of a Sonnar design, meaning a focal length of around 5.8cm is needed to clear the mirror. Is this design special? I've seen 5cm Primoplans for Leica M39 (also very rare...)

Maybe I'll find one at some estate sale for US$10?... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Primoplan pictures Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:

I wonder what the formula of the lens is. It is my understanding the Primoplan is an Ernostar design, and has the same back focus properties of a Sonnar design, meaning a focal length of around 5.8cm is needed to clear the mirror. Is this design special? I've seen 5cm Primoplans for Leica M39 (also very rare...)

Maybe I'll find one at some estate sale for US$10?... Rolling Eyes

Good luck with finding one....
I do not know, if the optical design is different from the later 5,8 one. I doubt it. Few very early Kine Exaktas (first handfull, that was made) had a shorter mirror with a straight front edge.
Btw: Had that lens in Contax mount, too, several years ago...

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did pick lens up. I will show you later some images. It has focusing mechanism and looks pretty strange connection at the end looks genuine. I never seen this early lens type before. I have to sell it to my friend. Any idea about current market value ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Today I did pick lens up. I will show you later some images. It has focusing mechanism and looks pretty strange connection at the end looks genuine. I never seen this early lens type before. I have to sell it to my friend. Any idea about current market value ?

Back in the 2008, a copy of this lens with a Exakta A is sold for $380(Preliminary Auction Results).

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5382887

If you put that in the Bay and make it avaliable to Asian, you can make loads of money from the millionairess. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Back in the 2008, a copy of this lens with a Exakta A is sold for $380(Preliminary Auction Results).

If you put that in the Bay and make it avaliable to Asian, you can make loads of money from the millionairess. Wink

There is one up on the 'Bay now, adapted to Nikon. Looks like the optical assembly was mounted on a Nikon-mount 135mm lens or something....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Calvin! I hope so my friend well deserve it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:

There is one up on the 'Bay now, adapted to Nikon. Looks like the optical assembly was mounted on a Nikon-mount 135mm lens or something....

Click here to see on Ebay
The seller is a well known seller who make profits from buying and selling rare lenses.

P.S. kinche-l = gokevincameras

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case I will try half price than Kevin, I always divide his price to half.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Updated with pictures.

V E R Y C O O L Razz

Looks like the lens mount with focusing mechanism were removed from the Exakta body, so there is a focusing helical there...the lens should unscrew from the front, and it's M39 (I think) so you could mount it on a bellows unit and maybe even get infinity focus.

Are you going to list in the Marketplace here?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can't afford to buy it, lens is not mine. I will sell it to friend of mine after some test shoots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a wonderful portrait lens.

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
This should be a wonderful portrait lens.

Smile

This is my expectation too, I have post-war Primoplan 75mm f1.9 , generally pre-war Meyer lenses are way better than post-war from Meyer.
My post-war Primoplan is pretty good, so exciting to see something older from Meyer. Problem is how can I test it without any modification on digital body. I found with some extension ring and tape works, but working distance is fixed, so need to find right subject too. My family members are not share my exciting about portraits Laughing Laughing so not easy.