Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just some of my Fed-3a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Just some of my Fed-3a Reply with quote

Made between 1961 and 1965, this camera looks like a FED-2 with a short rangefinder base. Other than the FED-2, the FED-3a has slow shutter speeds already, down to 1". There are two versions of the FED-3, the one in this photo, referred to as FED-3a, and one with a redesigned top plate, without two levels, the FED-3b.

The FED-3a came in different versions, with minor changes over the years. Mine, with the number 3234183, was most probably made in 1963, and it has a double name-inscription, both Cyrillic as well as international. It bears the "made in the USSR" marking on the backside as well.

Originally, these camera's were shipped with the Industar-26 50mm/F2 lens, but this one has the Jupiter-8 50/2.

FED-3a by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3a is much more beautiful than my 3b!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The 3a is much more beautiful than my 3b!!

Don't know about your 3b, but my 3a is more beautiful than my 3b for sure! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare find, congrats! I have it too still untested Sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I shot several rolls with this one, it's perfectly ok. And I think it's fun to use, but for the small viewfinder.... But I use it mainly for street shooting, and it's ok for that!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenseH wrote:
Attila wrote:

I shot several rolls with this one, it's perfectly ok. And I think it's fun to use, but for the small viewfinder.... But I use it mainly for street shooting, and it's ok for that!

Yes, I love my Fed-2 bodies, my feeling is great when I use them. I have to send fed-3a for maintenance looks ok , but I can't screw in Jupiter-12 which is one of the best lens in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
RenseH wrote:
Attila wrote:

Yes, I love my Fed-2 bodies, my feeling is great when I use them. I have to send fed-3a for maintenance looks ok , but I can't screw in Jupiter-12 which is one of the best lens in my opinion.

I got me a Fed-2 too, but it needs serious service, the shutter curtains are completely dried.... I have new curtains already, but I have to find time....
And there's a blue Fed-2 in the mail, somewhere between the Ukraine and here....Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing nice addiction

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice find Rense! The Jupiter-8 attached is newer than the Fed-body, because its serialnumber suggest 1967 as year of manufacturing. Apart from that the Jupiter-8 of the early sixties had a different focusring with a stud.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogie wrote:
Very nice find Rense! The Jupiter-8 attached is newer than the Fed-body, because its serialnumber suggest 1967 as year of manufacturing. Apart from that the Jupiter-8 of the early sixties had a different focusring with a stud.

Hi Omar! Nice to see you here, didn't know you signed up! Great!

These FED's didn't come with Jupiters originally, as far as I know. But since you didn't want to sell yours (haha) I had to buy this one..... And I got the body for nothing......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenseH wrote:
.......Hi Omar! Nice to see you here, didn't know you signed up! Great!

Since a couple of weeks.
RenseH wrote:
...... But since you didn't want to sell yours (haha) I had to buy this one.....

At that moment I didn't know I would purchase a Zorki-6 with a (extra) Jupiter-8 attached! Wink Very Happy You will find that it is a great little lens but really needs a hood when used in sunny weather.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogie wrote:
RenseH wrote:
.......Hi Omar! Nice to see you here, didn't know you signed up! Great!

Since a couple of weeks.
RenseH wrote:
...... But since you didn't want to sell yours (haha) I had to buy this one.....

At that moment I didn't know I would purchase a Zorki-6 with a (extra) Jupiter-8 attached! Wink Very Happy You will find that it is a great little lens but really needs a hood when used in sunny weather.

Well, no problem at all, of course! Got this one, and I am very happy with it! A hood: 40.5mm thread...... any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hood? A Series VI hood with a 40.5mm adapter.

Your question sent me looking as somehow, I had just this combo (and thus naively think it's normal Laughing ) but I couldn't find the adapter just now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rense, I have just sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is easy to find 40.5mm vented hoods on ebay. they are chinese copies, well-made.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
it is easy to find 40.5mm vented hoods on ebay. they are chinese copies, well-made.
Thanks! I saw them, and I bought one! For almost nothing....