Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina 3x AF high definition digital telephoto lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Tokina 3x AF high definition digital telephoto lens Reply with quote

Anyone used one of these it has a 52mm thread that screws onto the front of the lens.I picked this up in a batch buy but have not really looked at it until now.

Hand held on to the macro takumar 4/50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one made by Olympus sitting here, but mine's only a 1.7x. It has 55mm threads. I've tried it out and it works okay I guess. Corners are soft, but the center is good.

Mine was included with some Nikon stuff I bought. I plan on putting it on eBay and I'm hoping I can get $10 or $15 for it. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I have one made by Olympus sitting here, but mine's only a 1.7x. It has 55mm threads. I've tried it out and it works okay I guess. Corners are soft, but the center is good.

Mine was included with some Nikon stuff I bought. I plan on putting it on eBay and I'm hoping I can get $10 or $15 for it. Cool

The Olympus 1.7x(Tcon-17 or B-300) is a good teleconveter for small sensor cameras. I would suggest you keep that if you plan to buy a m4/3 camera in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used that particular strap-on, but I have used others, and they generally suck. They can be adequate for cine/video, but not for still pictures, not unless you WANT your pictures to suck. Distortion, aberrations and softness can be rather bad. Wide-angle strap-ons are usually worse than teles. Even the worst behind-the-lens teleconverter is usually better than the best front-of-the-lens adapter. Experiment with it; then find another sucker to buy it from you. Or use it for video, where nobody will notice.