Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 61 2.8/52 black and chrome version- Now with images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Industar 61 2.8/52 black and chrome version- Now with images Reply with quote

I have just bought this lens Click here to see on Ebay.My first Russian.. Very Happy I know I won't get infinity on my Pentax K200D but that is not a concern.Does anyone have this lens and could post up some samples from it?
The listing says 50/2,8 but when you read the front of the lens you see the marked beauty ring as 2.3/52,it is interesting to read there is a lot of variation on the beauty rings for aperture value for these old lenses.

Last edited by mo on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Industar 61 2.3/52 black and chrome version Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have just bought this lens Click here to see on Ebay.My first Russian.. Very Happy I know I won't get infinity on my Pentax K200D but that is not a concern.Does anyone have this lens and could post up some samples from it?
The listing says 50/2,8 but when you read the front of the lens you see the marked beauty ring as 2.3/52,it is interesting to read there is a lot of variation on the beauty rings for aperture value for these old lenses.

I have the newer 55, but I think the 52s had better quality control. Easy to lube if it needs it.

Mine is soft at 2.8, but pretty sharp by f8 and real good at f11. I have some barrel play.

post up some shots when you get it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
post up some shots when you get it

I certainly will...I took a little while before buying it as I was unsure of the price...but considering how many of these lenses are in Oz (and come up for sale) I think I did ok.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive the self-advertising, but check out my posts in the micro-4/3 subsection of the digital range finder forum if you haven't already seen them. I tested my 53mm Industar-61 and a Jupiter-8.

http://forum.mflenses.com/epl1-and-industar-61-l-d-53mm-f2-8-rf-lens-a-brief-test-t37157.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/epl1-and-jupiter-8-50mm-f2-rf-lens-a-brief-test-t37142.html

BTW, I think you'll find your Industar is f2.8, the 8 is written in a script that is easy to mis-read (I thought mine said f2.3 when I bought it!)

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I appreciate the link...I will find out soon enough if it is 2.8 or 2.3 Very Happy Do you have a front on image of your lens?Mine does not have the L/D or L/Z markings just by looking at the ebay images.I hope it does perform as well as yours.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like SXR-Mark I compared the Industar-61 LD & Jupiter-8 @ the end of this thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/i-just-bought-a-jupiter-8-on-ebay-update-t36531.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
....Do you have a front on image of your lens?Mine does not have the L/D or L/Z markings just by looking at the ebay images......

Indeed, your lens does lack the L/D which mine has (in Cyrillic)

mo wrote:
.....I hope it does perform as well as yours.

Yes, whilst the lens is relatively a little soft at f2.8, it is in fact pretty good on an absolute scale.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
Like SXR-Mark I compared the Industar-61 LD & Jupiter-8 @ the end of this thread.

Thanks for the reminder, Ron. I had read this when you posted but had forgotten about it.

There would seem to be a consensus that the Jupiter-8 is just a whisker sharper (at same aperture), but in practical terms they are equivalent.

But, I would say at f2 the jupiter-8 is not sharp enough so I would prefer to use the Industar with its superior ergonomics.

Now, for a cheap, fast and sharp lens for micro-4/3 I have Fujinon 50mm f1.4 TV lens. Wide open, this is nearly as sharp as the Russian lens stopped down! (I'm talking centre sharpness here). It cost £11 including shipping. I hope to post on the cine lens forum soon with results.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SXR_Mark thanks for the frontal shot.It will come in handy for those looking at the different versions of this lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little Russian arrived today and here is some quick images.I will post up images of the lens itself tomorrow.It is 2.8/52 around the front lens.
My favorite subjects before they disappear for winter.