Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 4.5/300mm IF ED (& TC 201)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Nikkor 4.5/300mm IF ED (& TC 201) Reply with quote

Hi,

today during my very early morning walk I have had the chance to shot some birds. Unfortunately I didn´t have a monopod with me so all shots handhelded at different ISO values with few PP and cropping.

First 3 shots with Nikkor 4.5/300mm IFED and TC 201 (= 600mm), # 4 & 5 only with the 300mm lens.

Unfortunately I was here a little bit too late (or too quick)

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb quality.
Impressive to get such result handheld with 600 mm.
The low noise at high ISO is a great advantage with the D700 I imagine.
I like the Heron shots most, but they are all fine really.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the first one is brilliant, especially considering you had a 2x TC on it Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks.

The first one is the lucky shot out of a series of perhaps 15 images. They are all well but this one was the best due to the sharpness at the eyes.

So a sharp or not so sharp image is a question of maybe 5 cm with this combo - at a distance of around 20 m handhelded wide open only a question of luck.

Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Rolf. This is one of the great lenses

patrickh