Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Yashica-Mat pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: First Yashica-Mat pics Reply with quote

Recently I purchased a Yashica-Mat. Here are some pictures of the first roll of Kodak 400TX.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tones and I like the 1st image a lot. The 2nd could do with a bit of sharpening IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on the Mat - how do you like shooting with it?

looks like a great place to take pics, my fave is 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I like shooting with the Mat very much: Nice bright screen and easy handling.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first picture is very well done. The location where the pictures were taken look great

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of the Mat. Which flavor do you have? I have a 124 and years ago I owned a 124G. I love mine, and I love shooting 400TX with it. I find that 400TX delivers a smooth tonality that provide my photos a very deep, rich look. 400TX and the Mat are just naturals with each other IMO.

I too prefer the first photo. Show is more! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just the plain Yashica-Mat (so no lightmeter), probably built in the early sixties (see picture below) And yes, I like the Kodak film also very much.