Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Attila, testing the Konica Hexar 200mm f/4 on the GF1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: For Attila, testing the Konica Hexar 200mm f/4 on the GF1 Reply with quote

This lens has been a complete surprise to me. According the reports it was not at the level of the Hexanon ones of the same focal length. If this is true, those will be really outstanding, because the Hexar has performed so well that I've removed it from the "going out" list...

The lens is quite bulky and the GF1 looks small behind it:

The closest focusing distance is 2.5 meter, so it's clearly not for macro at its own.

Some stunning samples taken this morning all of them @F4:

My usual "far" target:

and a 100% crop:

Colours are really nice:

I see no chromatic aberrations, so all in all it's a really nice performer that will remain in my backsack.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive results, Jes!

How do like to shoot with a 200m lens on the GF1?

As much as I like the NEX, I think that anything over 85/90mm is hard and anything over 135mm is a nuisance to use. Camera shake is too much to focus with the display magnification, really.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Impressive results, Jes!

How do like to shoot with a 200m lens on the GF1?

As much as I like the NEX, I think that anyting over 85/90mm is hard and anything over 135mm is a nuisance to use. Camera shake is too much to focus with the display magnification, really.

You're right, Carsten. With the bigger magnification on the GF1 over the NEX, to properly focus above 75mm a tripod is necessary. That's one of the reasons why I'm behind a NEX... Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes, I don't think that it is much better with the NEX, to be honest.
The NEX is great! But it's not my tele shooter, definitely not. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jes! Nice results! I had never have any trouble with any long focal length on G1 , just pleasant to use with any lens. I think NEX will be harder due no EVIL finder. LCD focusing a silly idea really.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you Jes! Nice results! I had never have any trouble with any long focal length on G1 , just pleasant to use with any lens. I think NEX will be harder due no EVIL finder. LCD focusing a silly idea really.

Yes, I had to get a viewfinder for the GF1...
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Jes, I don't think that it is much better with the NEX, to be honest.
The NEX is great! But it's not my tele shooter, definitely not. Wink

The good point with the NEX is the bigger sensor and the 1,5 crop factor, much better than the 2X for the micro 4/3 and 4/3.

Regards.
Jes.