Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My New Pentax 67 with Wooden Grip
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: My New Pentax 67 with Wooden Grip Reply with quote

I'm in love and I haven't even shot anything yet. This thing is mint. Came with the wooden grip, 90mm LS lense with hood and the non TTL prism.

Pics taken with 5D MKII with Pentax Tak SMC 50mm 1.4 Very Happy

Now I need to get a 67 to EOS adapter.

Size comparison with my 5D MKII. Shot with iPhone 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You finally got one Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice...it is such a good looking camera.You took some nice pictures Cool .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great machine!! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. The combination red/black looks great. I´m sure you will take very nice shots with this cam.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely one! And I'd agree with Rolf, the particular colour combination adds greatly to the looks. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I'll have a roll of Portra 400 in it tonight and shoot it the weekend.

I keep catching myself looking at it...staring at it. Even if i don't use it much it'll be my private sculpture. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your new gem! I look forward those Portra shoots!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beauty!

I can see a Tak 1.4/50 on your 5DMkII. Doesn't the mirror hit the rear part of that lens? I cannot use my Tak 1.4/50 on my 5D.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 67s sure are purdy... and I agree re. the red leather, puts this one in the va-va-voom category.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
That's a beauty!

I can see a Tak 1.4/50 on your 5DMkII. Doesn't the mirror hit the rear part of that lens? I cannot use my Tak 1.4/50 on my 5D.

If I put the lense at infinity lock yes it hits. But if I focus at infinity it's ok. Seems infinity lock is beyond infinity. Must be Einstein lense. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some off camera flash pics of the camera. Other shots were with halogen lamp light.

I think this camera, out of all the rest I own, will be photographed more than used to photograph. Very Happy

Beautiful Super Multi Coated Tak 90 2.8. If you notice...this came with a Really Right Stuff mounting plate. I guess I need a RRS ball head now.

Hood is a little tattered.

Ghetto Studio...now open. Laughing

A question...how do I know if there's film in the camera? I can fire and wind and the counter goes up. But I thought this camera needed film to fire so now I'm wondering if this was shipped with film inside? The camera is from an estate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very nice...it is such a good looking camera.You took some nice pictures Cool .

Thank you very much Mo. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am like you I could look at/and take pictures of this camera all day.Your studio is a classic Laughing The walls are the right color =white....and the "bench"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out shooting today with a test roll of Portra 400NC. Man this camera has some major th-clunk. I had it on the tripod for all the shots and used my 5D for the meter. Each shot had the MLU engaged. Can't wait to see what these are like.