Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What kind of mount does this Soligor take?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: What kind of mount does this Soligor take? Reply with quote

I am trying to determine the type of mount for this lens. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks. (Pardon the specks of dust.)

Also, is this lens / system any good? Does anyone have something like this?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: What kind of mount does this Soligor take? Reply with quote

newton wrote:
I am trying to determine the type of mount for this lens. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks. (Pardon the specks of dust.)

Also, is this lens / system any good? Does anyone have something like this?

you have here Vivitar 100mm/2.8 lens with Minolta MD mount and two teleconverters in Minolta MD mount

lens should be good, but using two teleconverters worsens the image quality

all them stacked together give you 400mm/f11,2 lens,there are better solutions than that for telephoto

use the lens alone, maybe if needed be with one teleconverter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Tokina made lens with fixed mount. If Minolta, it can't be adapted to Canon EOS unless you do some surgery.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Is the Soligor piece really two teleconverters stacked almost permanently into one piece? Wow! I asked this question and had to see and here's what I found.

[/url]

Will this work on the Sony alpha system?

Anyone want this? It looks like a lot of quality craftsmanship went into making the Soligor TC's and that Vivitar lens. I am sure it takes great piictures for some lucky person. PM me if you are interested, as I cannot use them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't work on Sony Alpha I'm afraid, that is Minolta AF lenses only.

But...these will work with Olympus/Panasonic micro 4/3 cameras and Sony NEX bodies Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pictures were taken with my Zeiss, known for negligible to no aberrations. There is some clear CA. The lens was stopped down. I therefore conclude that the CA in my pics is not entirely, if much, due to my lenses (including for that much unapproved by everyone don't know why Cosina). I, therefore, am happy with most all my lenses so far. I cannot fully beat CA and am happy with my imperfect equipment and world. I am not infinitely rich and don't think it is is worth the investment to fully chase. The only real reasonable way for *me* to beat this is to go back to analog --- what our silly world mistakenly abandoned. I am happy to have bought 100 rolls of analog film a few weeks ago. (That cheap Cosina is imo a nice lens as the top pics are from the Cosina, very little CA as well, never mind the exposure.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss lenses are certainly not immune to CA, only APO lenses are! However, are you sure it's CA in your pictures and not a blue light source coming from elsewhere? I often get this problem when shooting under energy saver bulbs and then changing the white balance. Doesn't happen when shooting with flash.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I shot with flash, so I have no idea. Sad