Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Freelensing /tilt experiment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Freelensing /tilt experiment Reply with quote

Taken with an enlarger lens, in an as yet incomplete tilt/shift mount, this was an experiment in adjusting the plain of focus, trying to get both my son & the distant houses in focus, with the top of the tower out of focus.
I didn't quite manage it - but you can't get more manual focus than this - so I had to post it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a short focal, right?
Would you care to post a picture with the mount?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enlarger lens too. What lens do you have?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put a few photos of the mount on flickr (they were just snapped with the kit lens - AF) see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petrochemist/5195895195/in/set-72157625315401081/

It takes any m39 lens, so far I've used both those shown in the set above -a 50mm & a 75mm nothing special by name (and both badly in need of cleaning) - I think this was with the 50.
{Edit}I've just dug out the 75mm it's an E-Chibanon f/3.5, the 50's currently in the lab at work, so I won't be able to check that till I've officially recovered from my 'autofocus/white balance upgrade' (eye operation)
{Edit 2} 50mm is a Phago F/4.5

Since I took these I've added a PK mount to the back of the bellows (glued on a very cheap flanged M42 adapter) The 75mm needs a short extension tube to bring it down to infinity (or to be pulled out about as far as the bellows stretch). I guess I ought to add another photo to the set to show the mount - I'll try & do that soon

At some point I plan to build something similar for my vintage Kodak 12cm Anastigmat which is a much nicer lens but rather long FL for tilt shift.

Last edited by DConvert on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that taken at Perrott's Folly?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunderchild wrote:
Is that taken at Perrott's Folly?

No it's the Naze tower at Walton on the Naze, Essex apparently built to assist ships with coastal navigation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, with the pose it looks hobbit like!