Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair compare (11-2 & 11a)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Tair compare (11-2 & 11a) Reply with quote

I´m still finding out the best places on the forum to post certain things.. Recently added a tair 11-2 to my collection mostly because of reasonable pricing and I´m super happy with the tair 11A I already have, so I knew it couldn´t go wrong. I just love the look of that silvery bulky model! I put them side by side for some comparison and will start taking pictures with them soon. I don´t expect the older 11-2 to give different results... any thoughts?

Tair glasses by margreetz, on Flickr

Tair compare by margreetz, on Flickr

Tair glasses studio style by margreetz, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the silver one is the 133mm version, is that right?

I read somewhere that these two lenses share the same optical design, though I'd like to know if there are any differences in character in the field. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silver one looks beautiful.
And, being a 133, i won't feel guilty for buying yet another 135 Very Happy (if/when I'm buying one)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last picture is especially good! Latest black version is improved lens, better coating more sharp wide open. Old alu has nice character too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
I'm guessing the silver one is the 133mm version, is that right?

I read somewhere that these two lenses share the same optical design, though I'd like to know if there are any differences in character in the field. Smile

Yep, but I don´t know if there is another model around, this one says 11-2 and I hear / read about model 11 as well

Attila, you make it difficult for me Laughing I thought eventually I could sell the black version because it would not have any use / meaning to have both the same lenses and I prefer the old one visually, now you tell me about the coating and I hear a excuse to not sell Laughing

I guess the proof will be in the testing and trying it out to see if the silvery 133mm version really performs less on sharpness wide open and with harsher light conditions. My previous experience is only with some takumar lenses I own without coating and it almost never bothers me with them..

regards, Margriet