Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 4.5/300mm EDIF with teleconverter TC 201
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 4.5/300mm EDIF with teleconverter TC 201 Reply with quote

Hi,

I couldn´t resist and bought at my dear dealer a TC 201 - a 2x Nikon teleconverter. This converter is recommended for lenses up to 200mm nevrtheless I trid it out on my way home with the 4.5/300mm EDIF which I had mounted on the cam.

Couldn´t find the right subject so only few shots into the botany to show the capabilities of this combo. All shots handhelded at ISO 1600 and wide open, which is then 6.8/600mm. I believe that there is a lot of potential in it.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result simple awesome Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, not too bad. Next shots tomorrow with 1.8/105mm and 2.8/180mm ED.
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used a teleconverter but your shots show how good the results can be. Very nice results. I must consider getting one. I wonder if the third party ones are as good as original equipment ones?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
I have never used a teleconverter but your shots show how good the results can be. Very nice results. I must consider getting one. I wonder if the third party ones are as good as original equipment ones?

Third party ones can be good and crap too , risky to try all Wink I know one which is really good Kiron made 7 elements macro focusing 2X TX even if it is good it's designed form macro purposes. All TC is designed for a focal length and lens. No universal one.