Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2.8/24mm AI-S
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Nikkor 2.8/24mm AI-S Reply with quote

Today during my early walk few test shots with a view at our valley where I´m living and a part of the old castle. Pics taken wit Nikkor 2.8/24mm AI-S which I could buy yesterday for a good price at my dear local dealer.

D700 & Nikkor 2.8/24mm Ai-S @ ISO 200 @ F /8

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf,
Your village is definitively a fantastic place, the first picture is realy great....May be a good idea to removed the wire cable on the left side to get a more "authentic" picture (and without the houses on the backyard but I guess more dificult to removed:roll: ) .....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added here few other samples of today. Great light this morning (very early).

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two are stunning really! This lens one of my favorite 24mm lens perhaps best what I ever hold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila.

Sometimes it is really a great surprise what other people will sell or sold. For the price I paid for this lens I would never give it away even then not if I would change to AF lenses only.

But so I can say again many thanks my dear dealer.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Last two are stunning really!

+1, fantastic colours, very sharp, and indeed great light!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanks Attila.

Sometimes it is really a great surprise what other people will sell or sold. For the price I paid for this lens I would never give it away even then not if I would change to AF lenses only.

But so I can say again many thanks my dear dealer.

Wink

Here low prices comes usually when old photographer is passed away and his family has no clue about values. They bring lenses, cameras etc to shop and owner buy them cheaply and sell them cheaply too to get faster money turn around. My friend who is an antique merchant bought two! Angineux 50mm F0.95 lenses for 25 USD and many other things ... I bought one from him on damn low price for 300 USD Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.

As always in our live, you must be there at the right time, right place and you must know the right people. And yes, I have forgotten unfortunately sometime you must have the right quantity money ..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Below 2 last samples out of this series from this morning. Last one with a kind of self portrait.

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lights, I love them.

Yes, usually 25 USD enough to buy one or two low respected camera, he was on short of money as always, he did think about to go or not to go Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must definitively try to wake up a little bit earlier to have a chance to get this kind of beautiful light Very Happy .....
Last two are stunning!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal - so is it. We will have only perhaps 10 days a year such a light producing these colors. Too bad to miss this in the bed.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all nice but those last two are really nice. Great light indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light is really beautiful and the pics have impressive detail.
This is one of my favorite Nikkors, although I have the all-metal pre-AI version.
Interesting to see how it performs in full format.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Ron.

But very often I regret not living in your country/state. I like your shots of the coast of Maine a lot and I hope to be there one day in the future.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Pascal - so is it. We will have only perhaps 10 days a year such a light producing these colors. Too bad to miss this in the bed.

Wink

That's true but with (young) children and work, it's not always so easy ....and I like also my bed Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Pascal.
But this is one of the "advantages" of the age. The older the lesser sleep you need.

Laughing