Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens with auto pin flange
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Lens with auto pin flange Reply with quote

Not to sure where to post this. Hopefully I have put it in the correct section.

Something which has been in my mind for quite sometime now. How do you people go about using a lens with auto pin flange when the lens don't have a M/A switch and you can't find an adapter that have inner flange?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People use several tricks, remove auto pin flange, cover auto push pin with glued plastic etc , best idea go to machine shop and order a small inner metal ring into your adapter in right size what is keep pin pushed down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As Attila pointed out, you can cut a small ring using the plastic refill of a pen (or the rod/shank of a Q-tip) ... Usually, a small ring/tube of 2 or 3mm will do the job ... But you will have to remove the mount base to fix it ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to put a small plastic tube inside to keep the pin always pushed. But I also like to use the lens with the auto feature, specially in a chinon CE-3 memotron camera. I discovered that the rings inside a set of extension tubes are nearly the correct size, so I epoxied one to one of my adapters. It works fine.

Javier