Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"new" lens is coming :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: "new" lens is coming :) Reply with quote

today I sold THE heavy 300/4.5 and immediately clicked on EX condition 50/1.4 AI.... so soon you should be expecting some new photos Smile
in the future I'm planing to buy 200/4 Ai (I want 52mm filter size on all my lenses) so my collection is always changing but best lenses always stay in my bag Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Smile You'll probably get more use out of a fast normal lens anyway Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I guess so... 300/4.5 just wasn't sharp enough for me (ED IF version would be better though) Confused

for the tele range I'm picking between 200/4 ai and 80-200 ai, but majority of these zooms have loose zooming soooo..... Question

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ED-IF is sharpish from 5.6, but still a bit soft at f4.5. TO be fair though, I compared it with my Canon 300/4L which is way newer Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
ED-IF is sharpish from 5.6, but still a bit soft at f4.5. TO be fair though, I compared it with my Canon 300/4L which is way newer Wink

Well, if you're used to L glass it gives a basis for your comparison. When someone says a lens is sharp, it may not be if they've only owned a Holga.

I was on the lookout for the Nikon lens, but after reading that, I will forget it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Well, if you're used to L glass it gives a basis for your comparison. When someone says a lens is sharp, it may not be if they've only owned a Holga.

I was on the lookout for the Nikon lens, but after reading that, I will forget it.

Having said that, I've just remembered the state that my ED-IF is in...let's say it was used professionally Laughing Performance does seem to tally with what I've heard elsewhere though, where people have compared the newer Nikkors to the old ones Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up on the 300mm ED-IF -- it's a great lens, sharp, easy to use, rugged, elegant. I find it difficult to properly handhold any 300mm lens, but if I had to do it, this would be the one. Here are some images with it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/tags/300mm/

On the subject of 52mm filter sizes, I can relate. I've recently bought a Nikkor 28mm and a Nikkor 105mm -- nice to have lenses that can all share!