Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 300/2.8 @f/2.8 sample (K100D, R/C cars)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Tamron 300/2.8 @f/2.8 sample (K100D, R/C cars) Reply with quote

Handheld, cloudy weather :

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it for 310€ shipped something like 8 months ago, it was in the low range of the available prices, but not yet a bargain. Now all the last I watched on ebay went for more than 400€ Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omar:
I sold mine on Tradera (Swedish ebay) in August last year and got around 6000SEK for it if. Cool

CarbonR:
Nice picture that really show some of this lens capacy.
Here's another thread with pictures from this lens:

http://forum.mflenses.com/looking-for-samples-tamron-sp-60b-t17692.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, CarbonR. Just curious -- what ISO were you using?

I used to own a Tamron 300/2.8. Sold it to buy a Nikkor 200-400 f/4. In retrospect, I kinda wish I would have kept the Tamron.

I think the price you paid was excellent, especially if you got everything that came with the lens when new -- case, hood, front cap, 1.4x . . . didn't it also come with a 95mm front filter? Mine had one.

I'll be in the market again some day for another one, and I plan to pay up to about $600 for one that is fairly complete. It would have to have the hood and front cap, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around 1000 isos, I could not do it in an other way, there was the speed problem plus the light missing due to the cloudy weather.
Got it with its original hood, and a Nikon mount. I bought a 112mm front cap separately.