Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet Vega-12b 90mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Soviet Vega-12b 90mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Quite cheap lens is it, and perform not bad. My exemplar even has fungus on front lens.
Used on A7 with proper adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vega, a space odyssey? Laughing
Nice images and the lens looks okay. The second image reminds me of a scene at the beginning of James Bond: Spectre... I think that was also in B&W or Sepia.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results you got Pierre! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! nice work man! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only it's cheap,well built,not too big and sharp wide open on the A7/R.That's probably the best value for money as of 80mm +/-10 focal length plus 0,7m mfd,handy for closeups.Bokeh is often smooth too.

http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1444507497.SEQ.0.jpg
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1444507500.SEQ.1.jpg
http://www.zeissimages.com/gallery/951/U951I1445975404.SEQ.0.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Soviet Vega-12b 90mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Great results!

can't figure more French looking than this guy. Very Happy

BurstMox wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, not bad at all ! All your shots are very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done, Pierre! I am making a comparison with the great set you made with J-32 and find that you have a real mastership to catch a very sharp front object with a creamy but punchy background. Do you post-process your images in a special way to achieve that?

My two questions about the lens and its use:

1. Could you please show your adapter? As far as Vega's back is larger than E-mount, I am curious to see the way you put it.

2. You say the lens is quite cheap. Could you mention the price if it is not indiscreet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala, it's me on the photo Very Happy, photograph for this photo was my girlfriend.

alex ph wrote:
Very nicely done, Pierre! I am making a comparison with the great set you made with J-32 and find that you have a real mastership to catch a very sharp front object with a creamy but punchy background. Do you post-process your images in a special way to achieve that?

My two questions about the lens and its use:

1. Could you please show your adapter? As far as Vega's back is larger than E-mount, I am curious to see the way you put it.

2. You say the lens is quite cheap. Could you mention the price if it is not indiscreet.

I used simple P6 to M42 adapter, available on ebay from China.

About price, looking on the bay, there are a lot around 40$ free shipping. I got it for around 15$.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxburst,

Does this Vega lens manually stop down on the adapter without any alterations? I was looking at a Volna 3.

How do you find the balance?

Thanks,
JMKMVA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diaphragm can be used normally,moving the ring. Nothing particular with the adapter.

Be careful, volna-3 is usualy in V mount(kiev-88, salut cameras), not B (kiev-6 or Pentacon-6). Adapter is harder to find for V mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Diaphragm can be used normally,moving the ring. Nothing particular with the adapter.

Be careful, volna-3 is usualy in V mount(kiev-88, salut cameras), not B (kiev-6 or Pentacon-6). Adapter is harder to find for V mount.

Very true, which I discovered after I had bought a Volna-3. I later bought a ring advertised to adapt the lens to a P6 mount...another waste of money. Finally I just glued the lens to a cheap P6 to NEX adapter. Brute force approach but I like the results.

Sony A7 & Volna-3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Pierre. Great Information; it is just what I needed.

I will be careful, Steve. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
I used simple P6 to M42 adapter, available on ebay from China.

About price, looking on the bay, there are a lot around 40$ free shipping. I got it for around 15$.

Thank you, Pierre. I see the point. Congrats with a good find!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens seems to have run out at usd 15 by March 2022, and it is no surprise since its results are outstanding. Nowadays it is runing around usd100 and over.

In other threads images make more justice to this lens. Yesterday I run a test for this lens adding the classic Soviet 2x and a GH2, i.e. 360mm, and the results are amazing. At f2.8 the lens performed more than acceptable, and overall color rendition and contrast are Zuiko class, with a minimun of photoshop auto tone and levels.