Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 50 F0.95 TYPE M1 M49 screw mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 50 F0.95 TYPE M1 M49 screw mount Reply with quote

Today I bought this lens , in perfect working order except some very light fungus at edges what seems easy to remove if need. It has many blades and no focusing part. Quiet big heavy lens, looks made for large format cameras. It would be very nice to try it out with a large format camera.
Pictures will comes later.

sample pictures are here

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1112799.html#1112799

Last edited by Attila on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Angenieux 50 F0.95 TYPE M1 M49 screw mount Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Today I bought this lens , in perfect working order except some very light fungus at edges what seems easy to remove if need. It has many blades and no focusing part. Quiet big heavy lens, looks made for large format cameras. It would be very nice to try it out with a large format camera.
Pictures will comes later.

Look forward to seeing the pictures of the lens and how it shoots too Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW, lets see some bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has a built in aperture Attila? Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wowsers. that's ultra fast for a large format lens. it must have some pretty unique rendering. surely a lens of that focal length and speed for wide format can't be very sharp. but very interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillbod wrote:
wowsers. that's ultra fast for a large format lens. it must have some pretty unique rendering. surely a lens of that focal length and speed for wide format can't be very sharp. but very interesting.

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1112799.html#1112799

Brilliant sharp at wide open if focus catch right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At these apertures, it's useless to use the ring.
Better "pray" slowly forward backward. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
At these apertures, it's useless to use the ring.
Better "pray" slowly forward backward. Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost related: I've seen some very fast lenses, without aperture rings, that seem to be for X-Ray applications. I just missed getting a Rodenstock XR-Heligon 75/1.1 yesterday. What are some other X-ray and ultrafast lenses that we mere mortals might hope to find?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do expect awesome results form any Rodenstock lenses.

I think those X-ray lenses pop up periodically on Ebay or craig lists and if made by third party makers price will very affordable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lens Shocked ....Congrats Attila and results looks realy good Very Happy ...is it not possible to let this lens modified with helicoid Question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an incredible catch! The depth of field is tiny...your bird looks superb Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
What a lens Shocked ....Congrats Attila and results looks realy good Very Happy ...is it not possible to let this lens modified with helicoid Question

It is possible, I saw one on Japanese website what is adopted to Leica-M with helicoid. Friend of mine who is best repair man what I know also bought one from this lens. Owner had two of them Shocked My repair man friend willing to convert to Leica-M to make it to usable on his NEX-5. I will share his experience here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
pich900 wrote:

It is possible, I saw one on Japanese website what is adopted to Leica-M with helicoid. Friend of mine who is best repair man what I know also bought one from this lens. Owner had two of them Shocked My repair man friend willing to convert to Leica-M to make it to usable on his NEX-5. I will share his experience here.

Is it then not possible to convert this lens with other mount than Leica-M(like Nikon, Canon or others..)???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps , it has quiet long empty tube after rare element I am unsure.